Instant Pot Steamed Kabocha Recipe

Instant Pot Steamed Kabocha Recipe

Gửi bàigửi bởi tranchau

Instant Pot Steamed Kabocha (Recipe by foodisafourletterword)

Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin) is my favorite winter squash – I think it has the best flavor, being sweeter and more flavorful than butternut squash. This is a simple way to steam Kabocha in the Instant Pot, the skin is edible, so if you want it eat with the skin, scrub it well before cooking. After it’s cooked, you can mash it with butter and cream, or you can cut it up and sauté it in brown butter or just serve it simply with a sprinkle of sea salt. Any way you have it, it’s super delicious – I made kabocha mash to make Kabocha Korokke, my husband’s favorite Japanese croquettes.

Hình ảnh

Hình ảnh

Hình ảnh

I removed the skin, mashed the cooked Kabocha, added butter, cream and salt to make the filling for Kabocha Korokke

Hình ảnh

INGREDIENTS
2½-3 Pound Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin)

METHOD
1)
Carefully cut the Kabocha in half, scrape out the pulp and seeds, then quarter the halves and place into steamer basket. Pour 1½ Cups of Water into the Instant Pot, put the steamer basket into the pot and seal the lid. Choose High Pressure for 14 Minutes (soft enough to mash), when the timer is up, immediately switch the knob to venting. Remove from the Instant Pot, season and prepare with your preferred method. Enjoy!

*If you would like them a little firmer, cook for 10-11 Minutes High Pressure.
Hình đại diện của thành viên
tranchau
Administrateur du site

Bài viết: 8068
Ngày tham gia: 10 Tháng 5 2010

Quay về Các Món Ăn Nấu Với Nồi Instant Pot

Đang trực tuyến

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào trực tuyến.11 khách.

free counters F9: Đổi kiểu gõ | F12: Tắt mở bộ gõ
Tắt  Tự động  Telex  VNI  VIQR